[PAO] 2015 Online Newsroom Survey Report - available now

Arthur Woodgate awoodgate at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 3 12:45:03 CDT 2015

Thanks, Karen.

From: cap-pao-bounces at lists.sempervigilans.org [mailto:cap-pao-bounces at lists.sempervigilans.org] On Behalf Of Karen Copenhaver
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2015 11:48 AM
To: MER-PAO-INFO at mer.cap.gov; cap-pao at lists.sempervigilans.org
Subject: [PAO] 2015 Online Newsroom Survey Report - available now

Hi everyone!

Again, I have received an interesting report from TEKGroup  regarding an online newsroom survey.  I have forwarded it as I think you'll find this quite interesting as we constantly evolve in our public affairs efforts.   I would encourage you to read the survey and incorporate these ideas as feasible into your programs AND share with your fellow squadron PAOs.  Let's also remember however, that these methods are still just a part of what we can do in addition to our "personal" efforts within our communities...... that's how they get to know us!

As you will see, if you wish, you can also sign up to receive this information at no cost.

Please have a great 4th of July and remember to be safe.

Karen

Karen L. Copenhaver, Lt Col, CAP
Deputy Director, Public Affairs
MER
276-783-8022

Hello -

The results of our annual online newsroom survey <http://bit.ly/YRDEyT>  of journalists have been tabulated, and for the first time it’s clear that the online newsroom has reached critical mass. In fact:

·  97% of journalists told us that it was important for a company or organization to have an online newsroom

·  55% visit an online newsroom at least once a month and 45% visit at least once a week

DOWNLOAD THE 2015 ONLINE NEWSROOM SURVEY REPORT <http://bit.ly/YRDEyT>

We surveyed 685 journalists asking them how they are using digital media, online newsrooms, and social media to write, research and report on news stories.

The 2015 Online Newsroom Survey Report <http://bit.ly/YRDEyT>  covers how editors, reporters, producers, correspondents and bloggers work with online newsrooms, digital audio and video, press release distribution services and PR professionals. The report also includes real world examples and links to company online newsrooms excelling in providing a resource to journalists.

In the report you’ll learn:

·  Why journalists expect frequently updated content and easily searchable archives,

·  How social and mobile technologies are increasingly important in news distribution,

·  Which features journalists expect to see in an online newsroom,

·  How journalists prefer to receive information from an online newsroom.

To make sure your practices match those of the journalists you pitch, download your free copy <http://bit.ly/YRDEyT>  today.

Thank you,

Steve Momorella
Owner/Founder
TEKGROUP International
steve at tekgroup.com

It is our goal to provide PR professionals with beneficial information to help them do their job. Reply to this email with "REMOVE" in the subject line and we will put your email address on our do not email list.