[PAO] National Board

Karen Copenhaver karenc at smyth.net
Sun Jul 20 15:30:24 CDT 2014

Thanks to each and everyone who is responding to the original post. Our
national staff do indeed monitor this list, and hopefully even more
that our national board is now beyond the reasonable scope of many
members ability or choice to pay.  There have been some very sincere
conferences, ES, and.... our training SAR exercises and more, that
impacts our ability to participate in our missions, including conferences.

As mentioned previously, the national board, like many conferences
usually offer praise and recognition in front of ones peers, and conduct
learning labs usually not like others..... and lets not forget the
networking too!  However, it has become necessary to make some difficult
decisions.

I hope more voices on this list will share their thoughts too, maybe
together we can be a voice to encourage a difference in how our national
conference is offered in the future.

Respectfully,

Karen L. Copenhaver, Lt Col, CAP
Deputy Director, Public Affairs