[PAO] September Disaster Preparedness Month

Alice Mansell alice at mansell.com
Fri Sep 6 16:33:08 CDT 2013

Are the CAP Red Cross and Salvation Army MOUs current? Or do we now just
bootstrap off state emergency agency MOUs and USAF's relationship with FEMA?

Any CAP MIOs work in a FEMA JIC in an exercise or real disaster recently?

Alice

Alice Mansell, LtCol, CAP
Former CAWG PAO

On Thursday, September 5, 2013, Arthur Woodgate <awoodgate at austin.rr.com>
wrote:
> </mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=140ee34c580b361b&attid=0.0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1>
>
> I don’t believe that’s a good idea, Tom.
>

> Every PAO needs to write a PA Plan and a Crisis Communications Plan,
which used to be posted on the NHQ website; the CCP is no longer there,
because it was considered sensitive. So I don’t see how the PAOs could be
writing articles about this, since this information is not to be published
for the general public.

> The answer is quite simple. When tasked by the AFRCC, CAP assists the
requesting agency, and we do so following NIMS operational guidelines. That
is both the long and the short of it. Writing anything more about it would
probably ring OPSEC bells somewhere.

cap-pao-bounces at lists.sempervigilans.org] On Behalf Of Tom Traver
> Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 2:28 PM
> To: cap-pao at lists.sempervigilans.org
> Subject: [PAO] September Disaster Preparedness Month
>

> September is national Disaster Preparedness Month.  I was just curious
about

> How many PAO’s are writing articles about how their wings are/have been
training to address local disaster response.