[PAO] Media lists

Karen Copenhaver karenc at smyth.net
Fri Aug 11 10:41:44 CDT 2017

/Good morning,

For many years I have used a Comprehensive Media Guide, published by the
state of Virginia.  I found it most helpful as it provided a list of
print and broadcast media (and other sources) in cities across the state
and prepared and distributed a document I created from that list for all
ICs and wing staff, and all our public affairs officers.  It was an
extraordinary tool for use at mission and event bases.  I don't know if
it is still available, but I would suggest that if a PAO wanted a
comprehensive media list, then do some research to find out if indeed it
exist in his/her state.  It is well worth the money, and could possibly
be purchased with a budget allocation.

Karen L. Copenhaver, Lt Col, CAP
Deputy Director, Public Affairs
Middle East Region
/

On 1/26/2011 3:10 PM, Stan Skrabut wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> For the busy schedule I keep, yes, the cost was worth it.
>
> If you make your list for free, great. I am just providing you with an
> option that worked for me.
>
> Have a great day,
>
> STANLEY A. SKRABUT, Col, CAP
> Director of Professional Development
> Wyoming Wing
> http://www.capwyhq.org/
>
> Skype: skrabut
> skype: 307-222-4858
> Cell: 307-287-8147
>
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Maj Paul Cianciolo
> <pa at natcapwg.cap.gov> wrote:
>> Was it worth spending the money on?
>>
>> v/r
>> --
>> PAUL S. CIANCIOLO, Major, CAP
>> Public Affairs Officer
>> National Capital Wing
>>
>> Civil Air Patrol: "Citizens Serving Communities: Above and Beyond"
>>
>> Google Voice: (202) 573-7227
>> http://www.natcapwg.cap.gov
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:45, Stan Skrabut <stan.skrabut at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> In Wyoming, we built our initial media list from this site:
>>> http://www.easymedialist.com/usa/state/wyoming.html
>>>
>>> I hope it has potential use for you.
>>>
>>> Have a great day,
>>>
>>> STANLEY A. SKRABUT, Col, CAP