[PAO] Did we change our logo again?

Alice Mansell alice at mansell.com
Sun Nov 9 22:25:13 CST 2014

Had a look at the new Brand Resource Guide (aka Brand Book). Lots of nice
words about how better "branding" is needed to make CAP demographics closer
to USA reality to improve our flatline of both member numbers and
demographics but did no one vet the pix in that publication?    I lost it
at page 14.

A least there are some females and people of color pictured in the Brand
Book unlike that infamous senior membership brochure a few years ago which
had just pictures of white men aviators including more than one of Mr. J.
Salvador in a CAP flightsuit.  After I stop laughing recalling that
brochure I'll have a look at the Brand Master Guide.

FWIW:  I am sick and tired of CAP banquets virtually always having
"cocktail" as a clothing choice for CAP female members but no similar
sexualized clothing option for men. No, they get "business" as the civilian
choice for men.  One too many high CAP commanders has told me when I point
out that double standard, "But, Alice! We like our ladies to look NICE!"
 What does that teach our female cadets?  What does that say our culture
truly is much less what our brand is to modern professional women? Our
online Brand Book has only tiny pictures of any people of color...
Pictures are a 1,000 words...

All the "branding" in the world won't help unless we do more than just move
the deck chairs around the deck.

Alice

Alice Mansell, LtCol, CAP
Former CAWG PAO