[PAO] Ice Bucket Challenge

Lt Col Paul Hertel hertelpcap at att.net
Wed Aug 20 16:38:50 CDT 2014

CAPR 173-4 26 DECEMBER 2012

SECTION A – GENERAL INFORMATION Page 2

2. No Air Force Involvement. It is important that no suggestions or inference be made in

any CAP fund-raising program that the Air Force is involved or would benefit. Therefore, wear

of the Air Force-style CAP uniform in fund raising activities is limited to cadets. Advertising and

promotional matter should clearly identify CAP as a distinct organization from the Air Force.

(See also paragraph 15f.)

My take on the regulation is, paragraph 2 is for fund raising for CAP NOT for charities outside of CAP.

What Paul said, no fundraising of this sort in the USAF style uniform. A CAP T-shirt can go a long way.

As always, consult your chain of command and the regulations. (knowledge base).

V/R

PAUL HERTEL, Lt Col, CAP

Chief of Staff
Public Affairs Officer

Illinois Wing

618-416-5180

"I may only be one person, but I can be one person that makes a difference."