[PAO] New CAPP 201 - Public Affairs Officer Specialty Track

1Lt. Bryan Weil,CAP bweil at ncwgcap.org
Sun Aug 10 17:10:46 CDT 2014

Doug.
I am at the National conference in Vegas i hope to get some clarification at the PAO academy on Monday.

1Lt. BRYAN Weil,CAP
NCWG Public Affairs Officer
919-609-6868
bweil at ncwgcap.org
*****Sent from my phone

Quick question, going back to a question raised in the initial post for this conversation

Since NHQ/PA has placed mandatory training requirements for the two FMEA in-residence courses (and I am sure they are aware of the travel, expense etc issues); I would ask, what is the plan to provide this training to our members…knowing that “go to Maryland” is not a plan.  Developing a training delivery plan should have been included in the development of the new regulation.

I would look for NHQ/PA to be developing CAP internal resources to develop and deliver these courses for our members.  Perhaps FEMA has a train-the-trainer program?

I belong to several other volunteer and professional organizations, and it is the organization’s responsibility to ensure that required training is developed and delivered to its members (thru either in-house resources or contracted resources, or online) and not to be dependent on external sources where access is limited (ie in-residence classes.)

Doug Barth, Major, CAP
Maryland Wing
Group 2