[PAO] Upcoming Extension Webinars

Stan Skrabut, Ed.D. stan.skrabut at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 12:20:20 CDT 2013

Greetings,

Here are upcoming Extension Webinars. I bolded presentations I thought this
group would find interesting.

*Go to Learn (learn.extension.org) to see more sessions...*

September 1, 2013   Using realized genomic relationships for prediction of
breeding values
September 3, 2013   Institutional Team Web Conference - September 2013
September 4, 2013   Fire and Fauna in the Southeast
September 4, 2013   Don't Bug Me: Fall - A Good Time to Control Fire Ants
with Bait
September 4, 2013   Herbicide Carry Over and Fall Garden Tips
* September 4, 2013   Using Technology to Build Capacity in Volunteer
Programs
* September 5, 2013   Estate Planning for Military Families - Part 2
* September 6, 2013   Friday Online--Using Online Technology in Our
Extension Programs
* September 6, 2013   Ranching in 2020
September 9, 2013   Effective Presentations: How to Develop and Deliver a
Farmer-Friendly Talk
September 9, 2013   Predator Management for Small and Backyard Poultry
Flocks
September 10, 2013            Is Ethanol Ruining my Engine?
September 10, 2013            Mobile Slaughter Units: Reports from the
Field and Future Directions
September 10, 2013            Brush Treatments for Wildlife Considerations
September 10, 2013            Mastitis Management on Your Organic Dairy
September 10, 2013            Navigating eXtension Drupal for the CLRFS eCoP
September 10, 2013            Incident Reporting in Pesticide Exposure to
Honey Bees
September 11, 2013            Know the Flow - My Money and Me (Part 1 of 4)
September 12, 2013            Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) - Its
Impact on Artisan Cheesemakers
September 12, 2013            Fast Semi-Parallel Linear and Logistic
Regression for Genome-Wide Association Studies
September 12, 2013            Webinar: Utility Scale Wind Energy Development
September 13, 2013            Linking Sustainability, Food, Health and the
Environment
September 17, 2013            Children Under Stress: Understanding the
Language of Behavior
September 18, 2013            Endangered species:  Public opinion, case
studies, and alternative solutions
September 19, 2013            Removal and Treatment Options for Tamarisk
Invasions
* September 20, 2013            Friday Online--Online Terms and Trends
* September 20, 2013            Control of Mice and Rats in Structures
September 24, 2013            Question Wranglers' Meetup - September 2013
September 25, 2013            Behavioral Economics
September 25, 2013            Money: Getting to Know You - My Money and Me
(Part 2 of 4)
* September 25, 2013            Online Training Delivery Tricks & Tips
* September 25, 2013            Farm to School Webinar #1: Partnering with
Cooperative Extension to Support Farm to School
September 25, 2013            Moodle Meet-Up
* September 25, 2013            How Can Technology Help Struggling Readers
and Writers?
* September 26, 2013            Digital Risk and Safety
September 26, 2013            Making a Smart Choice for Health Insurance
* September 26, 2013            What to Grab When There is Smoke in Your
Nostrils, a Howling in Your Ears or Water to Your Ankles
* September 26, 2013            Starting a county poultry show

October 1, 2013        Companion Animals eXtension-The Reliable Source
October 1, 2013        Institutional Team Web Conference - October 2013
October 2, 2013        Don't Bug Me Webinar: Home Invaders
October 2, 2013        What the Public is Telling Us About Their Ask an
Expert Answers: Addressing concerns surfaced in the ongoing evaluation
effort
October 3, 2013        Use of GAPIT in Genome-Wide Association Studies
* October 4, 2013        Friday Online--Program Development for Online
Learning
* October 7, 2013        Economic Benchmarks for Dairies: Eight Rules You
Cannot Break
* October 7, 2013        Be My Friend: Utilizing Social Media such as
Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to Engage and Interact with your Audience
* October 8, 2013        Risk Management for Pesticides and Honey Bees
October 9, 2013        Getting S.M.A.R.T. about Goal Setting and Spending -
My Money and Me! (Part 3 of 4)
October 9, 2013        Farm 2 School Webinar #2: Partnering with
Cooperative Extension to Support Farm to School
October 10, 2013      Military Caregivers: Commonalities & Differences Shed
Light on Individuality
October 16, 2013      Understanding Cultural Competency and its Role in
Volunteer Administration
October 17, 2013      Webinar: Assist Rural MI/WI Farmers in Making
Decisions about On-Farm Scale Anaerobic Digesters
October 17, 2013      NRCS EQIP Organic Initiative and Organic Dairy Farms
October 17, 2013      Parasite control in small poultry flocks
* October 18, 2013      Friday Online--Platforms for Delivery Online
* October 21, 2013      Out in the sun: How to plan and put on an engaging,
informative and successful field day
October 22, 2013      Question Wranglers' Meetup - October 2013
October 22, 2013      Integrating Livestock into Dryland Organic Crop
Rotations
October 23, 2013      Manage Your Future Now - My Money and Me (Part 4 of 4)
October 24, 2013      Part One of Field Phenomics: Developing and Using a
Sensor Array
October 30, 2013      Moodle Meet-Up
October 31, 2013      Part Two of Field Phenomics: Data Analysis

* November 1, 2013    Friday Online--Tips & Resources for Online Development
* November 5, 2013    Institutional Team Web Conference - November 2013
November 6, 2013    Don't Bug Me Webinar: Keep Ants off the Thanksgiving
Table
November 7, 2013    Discovering Hidden Feed Costs for the Milking Herd
November 8, 2013    Professional development for Extension agents:
Nutrition Essentials and Family Nutrition modules are available on-line
November 11, 2013 How am I doing: Improving your Extension program by
evaluating it with feedback and follow-up
November 14, 2013 Lattice Designs
November 14, 2013 Behavior Based Grazing Management: A Plant-Herbivore
Interaction Webinar by eOrganic
November 15, 2013 Friday Online--Accessibility & Intellectual Property
Rights
* November 19, 2013 Working with and Communicating Across Generations
* November 25, 2013 Moodle Meet-Up
November 26, 2013 Question Wranglers' Meetup - November 2013

December 3, 2013    Institutional Team Web Conference - December 2013
December 13, 2013  Friday Online--Evaluation and Accountability
December 16, 2013  Critical Economic Decisions when Raising Heifers
December 17, 2013  Question Wranglers' Meetup - December 2013

I believe CAP could also be very successful sharing presentations across
the nation using Google+ Hangouts on Air, for example.  We should be
benchmarking what extension has done.

Have a great day,

STANLEY A. SKRABUT, Col, CAP

Director of Professional Development