[CAP-PAO] SUI D-6 form

D Miller dtamnet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 08:31:46 CST 2020

Alright, Michael has forwarded me the short SUI D-6 section for PAO -- it
really is only two questions.

To answer Michael's original question:
- Yes, list all assistants, their ratings and service time in their
positions.  I usually did a short bio paragraph for each highlighting their
training/knowledge/background in PA, but also ending with one or two
sentences of what they do in real life.  But in most squadrons, there's
probably only one assistant, if any.

- The meat of the inspection for a squadron then is their PA plan.  Now, we
could all go on for dozens and dozens of emails back-and-forth about what
constitutes a good PA plan and how to do it, but they're really only
grading on whether or not the four step plan is used.  One aspect of the PA
plan that I often see missing is the needed evaluation of the effectiveness
of the previous year's plan.  Doesn't have to be a 20 page dissertation,
but can be simple yes/no replies with brief reasons why.

Anything more than this is probably overthinking the question and is
typically not where the SUI team will be concentrating their main efforts
-- i.e. our three main missions and any aircraft/vehicle the squadron may
have.

David

DAVID A. MILLER, Lt Col, CAP
NCR/PA
MOWG/HS
dtamnet at gmail.com

<#m_-6516571972347940570_m_5548555672105171243_m_4457828581973094204_m_2766029681761803767_m_-2021651933140840739_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>