[PAO] Fwd: [CAWG - General] - 9/11 Challenge

Alice Mansell alice at mansell.com
Sun Aug 31 15:59:20 CDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <noreply at cawg.cap.gov>
Date: Sunday, August 31, 2014
Subject: [CAWG - General] - 9/11 Challenge

Members of the California Wing

In a few days, our country will mark the 13th anniversary of the terrorist
attacks in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania. Like the attack on Pearl
Harbor and the assassination of President Kennedy, those who were alive
know exactly what they were doing and the feeling of helplessness that they
felt when they heard the awful news.  We rebounded and became a stronger
people for it.

I would like the California Wing to commemorate the anniversary by flying
all of our aircraft on September 11th.   I challenge all of our pilots, if
you were going to do some proficiency flying soon, to chose to do it on the
11th.  Let our red, white and blue aircraft be seen in the skies all over
California. Take other members, particularly new members, up with you. Wear
your flight suits and tell people the story of CAP.  I would also ask that
you take aloft with you an American flag, any American flag. The flag is a
symbol of our freedom and our resolve as Americans.  Lastly, take photos of
those participating in our 9/11 flights, both in the air and on the ground
for display at wing conference.  I would ask that all wishing to fly on
9/11 reserve their aircraft through WMIRS. If your regular aircraft is not
available, fly a neighboring aircraft or fly later in the day.

Together, let's honor those that died on September 11th and those that have
died in our War on Terror by flying our aircraft and demonstrating what it
is to be free.

Regards,

Jon Stokes, Colonel, CAP
Commander, California Wing