[PAO] 2013 FLWG PA Academy

Steven Solomon ssolomon at cap.gov
Fri Sep 13 13:33:27 CDT 2013

Maj Carlson's Facebook page for his PAO Academy is permissible and
appropriate Paul. As per the regulation, below, CAPR 190-1 "encourages" all
units, including Groups, to create and use social media under the authority
of the Commander. It makes no difference if the information is posted on
the unit's main official page or somewhere else. Bottom line is that, we're
encouraging *more* social media networking, not *less*.

*b. Social Media. *All levels of CAP, from flights and squadrons to
National Headquarters, are encouraged to create and use social media to
help reach out to their membership, potential members, friends of CAP and
the general public by telling CAP stories on unit social networking sites.
Units are not required to use social media, but are encouraged to do so as
resources allow. The responsibility for use of social media by CAP units
rests with the unit commander and will be overseen by the unit PAO or a
member designated by the commander under the direction of the unit PAO.

Regards,
Steven

STEVEN SOLOMON, Lt Col, CAP
National Public Affairs Officer